A vibrant violet salad will not only make you smile but will also nourish you with antioxidants, Vitamin C and dietary fiber.
Purple Cauliflower was calling my name this week at the Farmer’s market, and what better way to bring some color to a rainy day, than by creating a Rainbow Salad; roasting the purple beauty with broccoli, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds sprinkled with a little curry powder, then tossing it with fresh avocado and grapefruit.
Accesorize with your purple pumps….
Roasted Rainbow Salad of Purple Cauliflower, Broccoli, Lentils, Cranberries, Avocado & Grapefruit
1 Large head of purple cauliflower cut into florets
2 Cups of broccoli florets
2 handfuls of a mix of dried cranberries, sunflower seeds & pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 Avocado Cut and sliced into cubes
1 Grapefruit, peeled and torn into segments
3/4 Cup of Cooked puy lentils ( I like Trader Joes steamed ready to eat lentils for quickness!)
What to do!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread purple cauliflower, broccoli, cranberries and seeds on an oiled Baking Dish, and sprinkle evenly with curry powder, generous sea salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Roast for 30-35 mins until soft and a slightly golden brown
- Allow to cool, and add to salad bowl
- Add the avocado, grapefruit segments and cooked lentils to the bowl and give a good toss. Season to your liking.
- Serve cold or slightly warm as a Salad
(The roasted veggies should have soaked enough olive oil while cooking, to not require a further dressing for this salad. But you can also use any juice from the grapefruit to drizzle over it too.)