Fresh, filling, and healthy! This is my take on the traditional classic French dish, Ratatouille. Feel free to add more vegetables of your liking. The perfect accompaniment to any Fish dish, or simply enjoy with a whole grain, crusty baguette.
Serves: You and one companion of exceptional conversation & appetite:
1 Yellow Onion Finely Chopped
1 Yellow Pepper, 1 Red Pepper
2 handfuls of mini heirloom tomatoes
2 cloves of peeled garlic
Squeeze of lemon
A dash of Soy Sauce (this is my secret addition)
Herbs: Basil, Lemon Pepper, Rosemary, Thyme, Kosher Salt & Pepper
- Roughly chop all the veggies and garlic.
- In Olive oil, fry the finely chopped onion in a large frying pan on a medium low heat, for 15-20 mins until caramelized and soft.
- Add the rest of the chopped vegetables, a sprinkling of salt, herbs, a dash or 2 of soy sauce, a squeeze of Lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Allow to sautee on a low heat for 25 mins or until the vegetables are soft and tender or to a consistency of your liking.
- Serve warm, with a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Serve warm, with a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Tasty Tip: Place the leftovers in a charming glass pot and refrigerate. Eat cold the next day from the jar. Tastes just as amazing cold!