I’m not saying the cure to a summer cold is baking banana bread, but it sure does hit the spot when you’re confined to staying indoors on days when everyone else is at the beach! (Case in point for me these sniffly last few days!) The best thing about banana bread is that it’s a cinch to make with ingredients you usually have laying about the house. This version is light and moist, made with almond flour and yogurt. Eat it warm slathered with butter – it’s for sure the best cure for a cold or at least a cure for outdoor envy!
Serves: 1 standard loaf
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 3 ripe bananas
- chopped walnuts or chocolate chips if desired!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf tin with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, and add in the honey, yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. (Fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips, if desired)
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice and serve with butter!