When cooking quinoa, I always seem to have an extra cup or 2 left over (I have a tendency of making more than I need to!)
Instead of making more savory salads, I like to mix it up and create a sweet concoction..and there’s nothing that cheers me up more, than a warm Quinoa porridge, mixed with sweet coconut. This is really great served cold too. Simply add almond milk, (or coconut milk), cinnamon, dessicated coconut, sliced almonds (and some berries to your liking) and you got yourself a nutritious, sweet, protein packed breakfast.
Now usually people use Quinoa Flakes when making Quinoa Oatmeal, but who says you can’t use your left cooked quinoa too!? There are no rules in my kitchen!
1 Cup of Cooked Quinoa (Red, Black, white, Any!)
Almond Milk or Coconut Milk – enough to cover the quinoa (I’m not putting an exact amount because everyone has their own preference when it comes to milk in their cereal!)
1/2 Cup of desiccated coconut
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Agave
A handful of sliced almonds
What to do!
- Put the Quinoa and milk into a saucepan and bring to a medium high heat
- When hot, add in the coconut, cinnamon, agave and sliced almonds. Heat through until just bubbling.
- Pour into a Large Bel Jar, or your favorite bowl, and top with coconut, almonds and a little more cinnamon.
- If you want to have it cold, at this stage you can refrigerate it for at least an hour and delve in.
- Add berries of your choice.