Ignite the love & impress a date with my top picks for the most romantic date spots in LA. These restaurants range in price, from cheap and cheerful to hey big spender. We all need a little wining & dining once in a while….
– Church & State: Delicious French bistro. Tucked far into Industrial estate. Trendy, hipster vibe. Not quiet, but great buzzy energy.
– Kitchen Table: Delicious food. Upstairs covered patio, romantic lantern lights, projector playing classic movies.
– Bestia: Industrial, cozy and cool, great lighting, sexy cocktails, especially for those who love italian.
– Lazy Ox Canteen: Share the love with the most mouth watering, delicious shared plates. Dark and intimate vibe.
– First & Hope: Sexy, Jazz in back room.
– Perch: Romantic rooftop view. Scene better than food, but still worth the elevator ride.
– WP24: Amazing views from the top of the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Upscale Chinese cuisine by Wolfgang Puck
– The Edison: history in the making, impressive.
– Rivera: Modern, Sexy, Cool
(Also love Hotel Figueroa, Varnish, Cana Rum Bar, Mignon for drinks)
Silverlake/Los Feliz/Franklin Village:
– Cliff’s Edge: Prettiest outdoor patio. Food is amazing to match.
– Café Stella: Cute, cozy, French bistro.
– Poubelle: The French got this romantic thing going, I’m realizing writing this! Energetic yet cozy hipster vibe.
– Papilles: Small. Intimate. Hard to find.
– Lou: Strip mall. No sign. Inside awaits quality wine, fantastic shared plates and a small, intimate setting.
– Pace: Love this hidden gem, tucked away below Laurel Canyon Country Store. Top Pick.
– Mozza: She’ll get turned on by all the Burrata. Buzzy room.
– Providence: Be willing to spend some big bucks on the tasting menu. But trust me, it’ll be worth the damage.
– Tinto: Tapas & Spanish Cuisine. Rustic. Go on Thursday evenings for live flamenco.
– Yatai: Delicious Japanese Tapas. Dark woods, Intimate. Hidden. Perfect date night spot. Well priced. Top Pick.
– Chateau Marmont: Twinkling patio, filled with celebs and young Hollywood elite. Order champagne. Lunch is just as pretty as dinner. This will win her over no question.
– The Tower Bar, Sunset Tower Hotel: Undoubtedly one of my favorite romantic spots of all LA. Rub shoulders with the most powerful Industry execs and celebs in the city, as you look out onto a spectacular view of the city. The live jazz music is the icing on the cake. Not too overwhelming, just perfect. Top Pick.
– Sunset Marquis Restaurant: Sip cocktails and sexily snack, as you cozy up in this adorable back hideaway.
– The Little Door: Love! Most romantic little enclave, sparkling lights, romantic music, and delicious food. You know what kind of night your in for if he takes you there. Watch for a ring to pop out his jacket.
– Duplex: Adorable front door patio, to watch the city go by as the sun sets. Airy and light décor, chic vibe upstairs.
– Rooftop at Le Petit Ermitage: Find a spot near the pool, cover yourselves in a cozy fur blanket, and sip cool cocktails as you take in breathtaking views of the city. Top Pick. (members only.)
– Eveleigh: Gorgeous outdoor patio, rustic vibe. Beautiful Lighting. Gorgeous crowd. Fireplace indoors. Love. Top Pick.
– Il Covo: Italian. Charming. Adorable. Love décor upstairs. Or patio downstairs.
– Dominicks: Best on Sunday evening on the outdoor patio.
– Others: Ago, Lucques, Rooftop at The Wilshire Hotel, Wood & Vine, Ray & Stark, Sotto
Beverly Hills/ Bel Air/Brentwood
– Il Cielo: Classic. Old Romance. Just too beautiful for words. Expensive.
– Tagine: Small, intimate, rustic décor. Best Moroccan food in LA. Top Pick.
– Polo Lounge, Beverly Hills Hotel: Best for lunch. Special occasion to really impress or ask for forgiveness. Celeb spotting.
– Wolfgang Puck, Bel Air Hotel: Come for weekend lunch. Lake, swans, idyllic.
– Pecorino: Earthy, rustic Italian
– Toscana: Neighbourhood, Italian. Celebs.
– Giorgio Baldi: Classic Italian, atmosphere to impress
– One Pic0- Fireplace roaring, watch the sunset over an ocean view. Inside Shutters on the Beach
– Locanda Portofino: Small, intimate, cute, great service and divine Italian.
– Tar & Roses: Amazing food, great low lighting, rustic woods, outdoor patio
– Il Piccolo, Venice: Beach, summer evenings, simple Italian.
– JGelina: Rustic, beautiful Abbot Kinney bohemian chic, intimate.
– Barnyard: Rustic, light, airy with pacific ocean breeze
– Tasting Kitchen
– Oscar’s Cerveteca: Perfect for a first date, informal but cool and cozy
– Penthouse at the Huntley Hotel: Beautiful setting, exquisite ocean views. Do Brunch.
– Sunset Restaurant, Point Dume Malibu: Beachfront Restaurant. Sensational Seafood & Fish. Watch the sunset over the ocean.
– Inn of the Seventh Ray, Topanga Canyon: Captivating, enchanting, healthy seasonal menu. Special occasion.